Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day Three Hill Therapy.

Jessie and I played with the horses today, she had a ride on Beejay, while I played with Mossy the first time.

I gave him a lunge in the roundyard, to see how he moved, and to work out if he is sound. He is a massive horse, absolutely huge, and quite sweet. It's funny looking at the photos after the fact, and to see that he is looking the other way in all of them, hmmm, we need to do a lot of friendly with him, to help him to want to be there. He has huge movement, and quite graceful.



I then played with Ricky Tic, working online first, then let him offline. His yoyo is getting a lot better, but he is still occasionally stamping at me when I send him back. When I sent him out at liberty, he went around the roundyard once, and then stopped at the gate, (a rope), put his head under it, and then was free, gotta love his ideas! He was gone, into the grass. So I let him be, if he doesn't want to play, then he can go. So I played with Aussie, and did his Hill Therapy session. Devo wasn't interested in being caught, so we both played tag around the play paddock, he is a cool horse. I then caught Ricky Tic again, as he kept coming up to me to get attention, and we went and did some real play, and then saddled him up and rode. He still gets very fangy when I move him off, I'm not sure of this is now habit, but he is a super playful horse, and quite dominant, so could be a tactic. His sore back is better now, but who can be sure, could be a phantom pain. He gave me a little buck here and there, and had what felt like a little buck jump, when I think he felt we were finished, so we backed up a quarter of the roundyard, he hated that. But gave me some respect. Jess got on him after that, and had a walk around the roundyard. She was great. She let me coach her through the riding, breathing out to slow down, and she did really well, until, Ricky Tic dragged her leg along the rail, ride over, pain set in, pack up go home. All in all a wonderful day, on a lovely warm winter's afternoon.

No comments: